Instructions: Display Cases Without a Removable Base Plate
Please read these instructions fully before you assemble your new display case.
First please examine the contents of your mailing package. In addition to this note you should have 6 acrylic pieces that make up the front, back, (2) sides, top, and bottom of the case. The front and back pieces are identical, so it does not matter which one you select for either position. The sides are also identical as well as the top and bottom pieces. Each piece of the display is covered in a protective film (either plastic or paper). This protects the acrylic during cutting, shipping, and now during assembly.
Assembling the case is like putting together a very simple jigsaw puzzle with snug connections. Remember to use “finger strength” pressure and do not attempt to force the connections; this can crack the acrylic. Instead, be patient, act slow and carefully wiggle the parts back and forth until they snap together into place.
- Remove the protective film from ONE side of each of the six display sections. This will be the inward facing side when assembling the case. Leave the protective film on the other side for now – just to further protect against accidental scratches and smudges while you put the case together.
- Wipe the uncovered sides off with a clean cloth to remove any smudges or fingerprints.
- Place one of the larger sections (typically a front or back piece) on a clean solid surface.
- Using gentle pressure, wedge a side section into the grooves. The parts are meant to fit together snugly.
- You may need to wiggle them back and forth to get a good fit. Push them together until there are no gaps and the sections are lined up flush to one another.
- You will typically hear an audible click or “squeak” sound when the pieces are fit together.
- Work your way around the case with each additional piece. Place the sides and bottom first and then the remaining front/back piece. Do not forget to leave the top off until you slide your collectable box inside of course.
- Once you place your collectable box inside and snap all the pieces together, gently check to make cure all the pieces fit snugly together by working the case around in your hands and gently squeezing the seams of the case. The case should feel solid with no flexing or weakness.
- Lastly, remove the remaining protective film or paper from outside face each piece.